1. The best way to clean and deodorize your garbage disposal is to freeze fruit rinds than run them down the disposal followed by lots of cold water.
2. Do not put grease down garbage disposals, as it may cause blockage. Grease can also remain in disposal or pipes and cause odors.
3. To neutralize odors in your garbage disposal pour 1/4 cup of Arm & Hammer baking soda down garbage disposal followed by a tiny amount of water. Let stand for a few minutes,then run water and disposal to rinse.
4. For smelly plastic food containers toss a ball of newspaper into container and seal lid. Smell will be gone in a few days, stronger smells may take longer.
5. To unclog kitchen drain, pour 1 cup of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and 1 cup of white vinegar into drain to loosen clog. Let stand for a few minutes then plunge , run hot water down drain to be sure the drain is open. If you have a double sink be sure to plug one side before plunging.
6. To clean pots, pans, or casserole dishes that have brunt on food, place a couple of dryer sheets in them and fill with hot water let it soak for a few hours. Then wash and rinse.
7. To clean grease off kitchen cabinets mix 1 quart of hot water and 1/2 cup of lemon juice, dampen sponge with mixture and wipe over cabinets.
8. To remove coffee stains from cups or mugs, Take a lemon rind and sprinkle salt on white side and rub stained cups or mugs with it. Then wash and rinse.
9. To make kitchen clean up easier while preparing meals, put used utensils, bowls ,etc. in a sink of hot soapy water to clean as you go.
10. To clean and deodorize kitchen counter tops sprinkle with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, then rub with a damp sponge,wipe again with clean water to remove residue.
11. Oops,dropped a raw egg on the floor? Grab the salt shaker and pour a thick layer of salt over the egg and wait a few minutes, then clean up and discard.
12. To clean tarnish off silverware save the water from boiling potatoes and let cool. Then put silverware in a glass pan, pour the cool water over the silverware. Let set for 30 minutes,then wash, rinse and dry silverware with a soft cloth.
13. Another way to clean tarnish off silverware is to line a glass dish with aluminum foil, then mix 2 tablespoons of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda with 1 teaspoon of salt. Then sprinkle mixture over foil and fill with hot water. Place silverware in solution and let soak for 10 minutes, then wash,rinse and dry with a soft cloth.
14. To store silverware after cleaning and to prevent tarnishing put some packs of silica gel beads (moisture packs) or chalk in storage box with silverware.
15. Lemon juice and salt make a good copper and brass cleaner. Sprinkle with salt rub with lemon juice.
16. To clean dishwashers buy two small packs of unsweetened lemon Koolaid, pour 1 pack into each detergent cup then run the dishwasher on the hottest longest cycle.
17. White vinegar is an inexpensive way to keep your dishes sparkling, just pour white vinegar in the compartment of your dishwasher instead of a liquid rinse product.
18. Use Arm & Hammer baking soda to clean stains from Tupperware.